Saturday, January 5, 2013

The 12 "Dates" of Christmas

      As a little pre-Christmas gift to Chad, I wanted to put together the 12 days of Christmas BUT I wanted to be creative about it. What I came up with was the 12 "Dates" of Christmas. One thing he values is spending time together, so I thought this would be a perfect way to show him that I love him!! :) I won't share all of the things we did, but a couple of them included the girls coming along so I wanted to document them.
     The first one was a total surprise, which made it even more fun!! My friend Darcy and I arranged for our families to get together and have dinner (typical thing) and "play games" afterwards BUT what really happened after dinner was a knock at the door to take a Christmas light tour IN A LIMO!!! It was such a great surprise for everyone! We rented the SUV limo because our kids are always admiring them when they see it drive by. Chad had never been in a limo either, so this was a first for him too! The girls couldn't believe it! Mollie said, "It's like we're rich and famous...but we're not!" Such a fun time! We might have to do it again next year :)
The Dares and the Cases 

The big girls in the very back seat. It faces the road which they thought was cool.

Mollie and Eden spent most of their ride dancing...that's right, dancing in the limo. They thought it was awesome that they didn't have to buckle up AND they could stand up while it was driving :)

     The second date that we brought the girls on was the Polar Express. One of our friends has a tractor and trailer and another friend had a bunch of hay bales, so the end result was a hayride to the North Pole! :) Everyone had to have a "ticket" to board and we headed down the road (brrrr!) to a bonfire and treats AND a surprise visit from a man with a beard! We have such great friends who are always willing to do fun things!! Another great night!
Their tickets to board the "train"

The kids (and a couple of us moms!) had a great time riding to the North Pole! We sang Christmas carols the entire way and the conductor (Gary) even had a train whistle :)

Carli and Santa

Mollie and Santa
*Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of Regan and Santa (my camera battery died!)...but she saw him too! 

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Fun! I heard about the polar express thing from Mason, but I didn't know the details. I've never been in a limo either, so that's a great idea for the future!