Friday, January 11, 2013

Just like me...times 3!

Mindy- 7 yrs (1985)

Mollie- 6 yrs (2012)
 
     Once again, we had a toothless Christmas! Mollie lost her two front teeth before Christmas so she HAD to sing "All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth". It's a tradition.  I've told the story before (see the Jan 2012 post "Just like me" to see Regan singing toothless) but when I was 7 I lost my two front teeth right before Christmas. Just like now, we always get together at Grandma/Grandpa's house for a Christmas party with the family. Each grandchild does some sort of musical performance for everybody, and since I had lost my teeth, I had to sing "All I Want for Christmas". Now that my girls are growing up, THEY get to sing!! This makes all 3 of them losing their two front teeth right before Christmas!! It's meant to be :)
     We didn't make it down to AZ this year because of the new puppy and my big baby belly, so Mollie had to sing it in Utah for our "other" family, the Brownlows. She did great!! She also sang it at home for Grandma/Grandpa via Skype. I'm not counting on it, but it sure would be awesome if this new baby lost HIS two front teeth in time for Christmas too! If not, that's okay...I feel pretty lucky to have 3, just like me!!

No comments: