Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Hunting, hunting, and MORE hunting

Chad's big bull...it will be on our wall soon (although I told him it needed to be in his office NOT my livingroom !) 

Chad's first kill of the season

Chucker hunting in Winnemucca, NV

9 dead little bunnies :(

But the girls had so much fun!!
     Chad had quite a hunting year! He was lucky enough to go elk hunting twice and got something both times!! His first tag was for a cow (female) and he just went out one early morning before work and shot her! His second tag was an either sex tag. He wasn't counting on getting a bull, just another cow for the meat. His friends all go camping for about a week and do nothing but hunt. Its a good time for them and they always fill every tag! Chad got his bull on that hunting trip...he was excited to shoot a bull this time!
     He had the opportunity to go bird hunting too! A couple of his friends go quail hunting in AZ every year and they always invite Chad to go. Apparently its a LOT of walking/hiking, but he always has a ton of fun! This year however the birds weren't very good in AZ, so they decided to hunt Chucker. "What the heck is Chucker?", you ask? I asked the very same question! It almost sounds like going snipe hunting :) Its some kind of bird and it actually tasted pretty good! Instead of AZ, they traveled to Winnemucca, NV (not sure if I spelled that right) which was colder than here!! Once again, it was a TON of walking, but he had fun!
     Chad also took a day during our Christmas break to take the girls rabbit hunting! I had some last minute Christmas gifts to finish up (crocheting scarf for Carli!) and needed them gone to get that done, so Chad volunteered to take them for the day! He is such a great dad :) He and a friend took the kids out to the desert and had a BLAST!! (no pun intended!) The girls had so much fun shooting their pink gun and being together with their dad! I'm glad they had a good time but wasn't really excited about eating them (Chad insisted on cooking them up!) I also told him he couldn't tag me on Facebook with these pictures because my HS friends would never let me hear the end of it! (My HS mascot was the "Jackrabbits")
     I'm glad that Chad was able to have such a great year hunting. He usually isn't able to go as much as he wants to because of the company and soccer, so he has earned it! I hope he enjoyed it because the baby is coming soon, which means his time will be limited :)

No comments: