Thursday, October 18, 2012

"Baby Blue"


I think that the majority is voting for "boy" :)

Cupcakes ready to reveal the results! (Hint: I put the BLUE bird as part of the decor, but nobody noticed!) 

The results to the "Wives Tales" game

We wore what color we thought the baby would be as a family too! Chad thought it was a boy, but wore pink to the ultrasound so he wouldn't jinx us! :)
 I'm the only one who had lips instead of a mustache!

All 3 girls said they KNEW it was a boy!! I didn't believe them.

I was fully convinced it was another girl :)

Look at all those mustaches!


Time for the big reveal...1, 2, 3!!

BABY BLUE!!  It's a BOY!!!!!

In case you can't decipher, this is his little body

This is a picture looking at his face. He was so wiggly! He loved to stretch out his arms too! He has a hand up on his forehead and another one down by his chin. 

     Since this will be our final baby (and we haven't had a baby in over 6 years!)  I decided it would be fun to  have a "Reveal Party"! Usually Reveal Parties are to reveal the gender of the baby to everyone, including the parents, but we REALLY wanted to take the girls to the ultrasound. We knew that they would want to see the baby on the TV screen and they wouldn't be able to wait to find out if its a boy or girl...so we found out and I threw my own party to reveal to some of my close friends and the family in town (or coming in town) for Regan's baptism.
     Everyone was instructed to wear either pink or blue (whichever they think) and cast their vote when they came in. We played a couple games and then went straight to the cupcakes for the reveal! The group took their cupcake, counted to 3, and we all took a bite...the filling was BLUE!! IT'S A BOY!!!! I am still in shock! After all these years of trying/hoping for another baby, I never in a million years thought we would actually have a boy! When I pictured us with another baby it was a 4th girl :) The party was only about 45 minutes and was so fun!
     We can't wait for this little one to join our family!! We are all so excited (especially Chad! He is on cloud 9!!) We feel so blessed and hope he will continue to grow healthy and strong. We've had a lot of baby "blues", but it will be a whole new experience having a baby in BLUE!!

4 comments:

Melinda said...

Hey-I found you! What a cute way to do the reveal! We only did it with Samantha, and we brought over pink food and drinks to eat at my in-laws. With Natalie I don't think we'd walked less than 2 feet from the ultra sound room towards the Dr's waiting room before Cory had texted the entire family about Natalie. :-)

Amanda and Nathan Dobbins said...

So excited for you!!! Congratulations!

Amy said...

Hooray! Cute party ideas. I'm sure he'll be a handsome one ;)

Valery Heitz said...

What an amazing idea;-) I love your ideas. Congrats on another baby and a boy!!!