Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Regan's Big Day

     It is so hard to believe but Regan is now 8, which means she is old enough to get baptized! It seemed like 2 years would take forever to pass between Carli's baptism and Regan's baptism, but it flew by!! It seems like only yesterday Regan was my shy little blue-eyed toddler who would never grow up. She was our sweetheart that always seemed "little" to me and here she is growing up to be a beautiful little lady. Unlike some parents, I've always had a hard time with my babies getting bigger. I would love to keep them small and innocent, safe from the dangers of the world. When I think of them getting older I get tears in my eyes! I will miss them so much!! I enjoy being with Regan and laughing at her silliness. I enjoy listening to her sweet singing and the songs she makes up. I love to snuggle with her and see her sweet smile (accompanied by giggles) that is always ready to show itself. I love to see her beautiful eyes smile when she grins. I love to hear her tell me about her day. I love to see her ever-giving self constantly trying to serve and make others happy.
      I know that Regan was ready to make this decision to be baptized. She is such an amazing example to others. She was pretty nervous and it didn't help that she was singing a solo during the program, but she did perfect!! It was a beautiful baptism! We had so many people make the trip up to help her celebrate this wonderful day! It was such a great time and we appreciate everyone who came! Congratulations Regan...we are so proud of you!


The 3 girls...what a happy day!

The whole crew

Some of the highlights of the baptism...
    1. Regan's hair being so tight she got a headache! Poor girl thought her hair was being ripped out of her head. It looked absolutely beautiful! One of our friends did her hair as a gift to Regan for her special day, but she is such a tender-headed kid, she couldn't wait to take it all out!
     2. Being baptized with one of her best friends! Regan and Helen Latteier have birthdays only 2 days apart. They've celebrated birthdays together for the past 3 years, so it just makes sense for them to share this special day together! It will be a memory they will have forever.
    3. Sam thought he lost his wedding ring in the grass immediately after the baptism/confirmation. Everybody joined in to help him search for it. Funny enough: He actually left it at our house by the sink in the bathroom :)
    4. Grandpa Whiting brought up Regan's favorite thing: the Candy Cannon! It is an actual cannon my dad built that you fill with gun powder, newspaper wad, and loads of candy (no chocolate because it melts, and nothing with a stick because it becomes lethal). The cannon is lit and it literally shoots off candy through the air! It is so much fun, but really loud! We were waiting for the cops to be called :)
    5. As I said before, we had a TON of family come for the baptism and lots of friends come to the dinner afterwards. We didn't count, but the food we had catered was estimated to feed about 100! It got dark pretty early, so our little house became FULL of friends and family :) It was crazy but we won't forget how fun that night was!
 Congratulations Regan! We are so proud of you and your wonderful decision. We love you so very much!



No comments: