Friday, November 9, 2012

Breakfast, "Who Knows", and Candy

      Happy Halloween!! What a great day this year! The weather was beautiful, I planned ahead and had costumes done over a week before the big day, and the girls are old enough where they were pretty independent while trick-or-treating (we just walked down the side walk and they ran from house to house...so easy!) A little recap of our day:
     We started off the day with some "scary" scrambled eggs and these cute little sausage mummies, courtesy of Chad. He is such a great dad! He makes us a hot breakfast every morning :) Spoiled, aren't I?
      To stay along the theme of breakfast, Chad and I were bacon and egg this year. It was one of the most fun costumes we've done (for me atleast) because I got to use my pregnant belly as the egg yoke :) This is the first time I've ever been able to do this...I've never been pregnant over Halloween before! It was so fun!!
      After school, we carved our pumpkins and then got in our costumes. I had an amazing idea for the girls' costume this year, but I had a problem...they didn't want to be what I wanted them to be!! WHAT?! They wanted to be specific players from the US Women's National Soccer Team. Boring! They are soccer players everyday, why not be something fun and original? Chad gave me a little "talking to" about how I manipulate them to be what I want them to be every year, so just let them decide this year. I gave in and guess what? Nobody knew who they were BUT they were cute anyway!!! Here they are: #20- Abby Wambach, #13- Alex Morgan, and #1- Hope Solo. Three amazing soccer players dressed as three amazing soccer players :)

     We had our traditional "Soup Night" with all our friends before heading to the trunk-or-treat at the church. After that, we met up with the Munchs for some old fashioned door-to-door trick-or-treating! The kids got so much candy! I love how the first thing they do when they walk through the door is dump out their entire bag and sort the candy into piles :) I always did that as a kid too! The girls had a great day and are already thinking about what they'll be next year!!

2 comments:

The Gurrs said...

Looks like you had a fun Halloween! Lol about the costumes! I had the problem with my own kids! I wanted them to be "rock, paper and scissors" but, they had other ideas. Boring ones! Haha! But I had to remind myself that it's their Holliday. :)

Melinda said...

So what did you want them to be? Samantha started talking about next year's costume while we were out on trick our treat street........