Monday, May 14, 2012

Student Body Secretary

   We got some great news before the weekend...Carli is the new student body secretary for next year!! She decided a couple weeks ago she wanted to run for student council. She decided she wanted to run for secretary because she is organized and good at writing. I was surprised to learn that you can't just "run" for student council, you have to "apply" first. She got an application from the office, filled out her part, we filled out our part as parents, and her teacher filled out her part. Carli turned it into the office for the principal to accept. The principal/teachers then decide which 3 candidates will make it on the ballet. We were happy to learn she was accepted to run and got to work on posters, fliers, and handouts. We had posters all over the school and she passed out fliers to each classroom, to students during recess/lunch, and even put handouts in the girls bathroom! This might sound ridiculous, but I was so nervous! At one point, Carli asked me if I ever ran for student council. I told her, "No Way!" She asked, "Why not?" I had to be honest so I told her, "I was too nervous I wouldn't win!" She was a little nervous because she was running against one of her soccer friends (AND because she had to give a speech in front of the school) but she did awesome! Elections were on Friday and before school ended she found out she had won!! She is such an example to me! She is fun, kind to everyone around her, and a great friend! Congratulations Carli!! We are so proud of you!

1 comment:

Amanda and Nathan Dobbins said...

That is awesome!! I ran for student body secretary but didn't win. I wasn't cool enough. Way to go Carli!