Thursday, February 16, 2012

Early Valentines



Dolce Vita

Chad, JIM BRICKMAN, and ME

He's as tall as me....kinda surprising


That's me calling my family to tell them the exciting news! :)

My dresser

My nightstand/jewelry armoire

More roses


More roses

And even more roses!

"Forgiven"
     We celebrated Valentines Day a little early this year. On Thursday before "V-Day", Jim Brickman came into town for his current tour "Romanza". When I found out I almost died! Jim Brickman in Grand Junction? Long story short: Chad got tickets! We went out for a night on the town :) We had dinner at an authentic italian place in downtown GJ called Dolce Vita. It was very pleasant. The food was great, as well as our conversation. We decided not to talk about anything "stressful" and use some fun conversation starters to get us talking. It was fun!! It was like we were dating!
     After dinner we headed to the Avalon Theater. When we picked up our tickets at Will Call, they told us that because of where we were sitting, we could participate in a meet-and-greet with Jim! I was sososo excited!! He is such an amazing pianist/songwriter! The concert was amazing (even Chad liked it) and afterwards we got to meet hiim, get his autograph, and take a picture! They only allowed one picture, but because the first one didn't turn out that good, he let them take a second one with us! It was awesome!!
     When we got home I was surprised again! Chad had our bedroom COMPLETELY filled with roses...for reals! 6 dozen roses to be exact!! He got me Peeps (which I love) and because I like them a little crunchy, he left them out all day for me :) He made me a homemade book entitled "Beauty and the Beast" written by The Beast. And finally, he got me my new favorite Greg Olson print "Forgiven". I was totally spoiled! It was a day worth remembering!!

2 comments:

Darcy Case said...

WOW Chad!! How can any husband compete. Looks so fun Mindy, oh nice boots btw,I love them!

Kathy&Mike said...

What a great guy! We are moving back to our house in Fruita in a few months and wonder if Chad is interested in doing a little bit of work in our kitchen. Is he still doing that? We want tile countertops and also we want to add a kitchen island.
By the way, I also love partly dried out peeps.