Thursday, March 12, 2009

Little Lessons


Soccer starts for both girls this week. Since this is Regan's first time playing and Carli has played before, Carli apparently felt impressed to teach Regan how to prepare for her first practice. I was making dinner while the girls were out in the backyard. The windows were open to enjoy the beautiful weather and I heard their little soccer lesson...Carli made her do warm-ups and said things like, "Okay, now let's hustle" and "Keep it up". She taught her how to touch her toes to the ball and how to kick the ball while running. My favorite part was when she said, "Regan, the most important thing is to push. You have to get in there and hit. Like this..." She proceeded to stand in front of Regan and throw her elbow back at Regan's chest/throat. "Now, show me." Regan did the same thing back to Carli. "Good job, I think you're ready for soccer." They were so intense with their preparations they didn't notice me watching (or laughing), I even took these pictures without them knowing. The lesson I got from watching this: "It's the little things that matter most"

9 comments:

Christi in AZ said...

That is PRECIOUS!! Your girls are so funny sometimes. Man, I wish you lived closer to us!!!

Richards Family said...

So I just have to comment on your quotes on the side - how funny. Are you just cracking up all day with the things they say?!!

Darcy Case said...

LOVE IT! Who needs a coach when you have an older sister.

Stacie said...

Mindy that is so adorable! You are really raising some extra special little girls I just love them!

Lauren said...

So funny Mindy! Your girls are so sweet.

James and Dixie Moore Family said...

I need Carly to teach Brooklyn the pushing thing...she will not take the ball from someone...James gets SO frustrated watching their games!

Jensen Memories said...

Such sweet girls. It will be times like these, that you will be talking about many years down the road with their spouses.

Sam, Jill and Aubrey said...

Love it!! We miss you guys so much!

Mom/Grandma said...

Oh, Mindy, I am still laughing. How cute and the quotes on the side are pricless.