Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Spring or Not Spring...

That is the question! Spring Break was fun, but cold one day and warm the next. Such crazy weather up here in Colorado; I'm still not used to it! We had some exciting things happen this past week I thought I'd share: To start our SB, we took our free camper (yes, it was free) out to Highline Lake Campground for it's maiden voyage! A bunch of friends came out and went fishing and had dinner with us (thanks guys!) BUT it was FREEZING!! Cold air wasn't even the worst part...it was SO windy! We survived a night with rain, hail, and snow :)

Isn't she a beaut? Hey, it was free
The day after our camping adventure Chad started a new job. Don't worry, we still have Daring Hardscapes for those of you in need of any tile or granite work, but with the economy in the state it's in, we decided to make sure we had a steady income. He is working for a construction company here in town and his current project is the VA Hospital. So far, he is enjoying it and is happy to be using his degree. I also started teaching piano lessons. I haven't taught since moving to Colorado over 2 years ago, but the time is finally right! The girls are big enough that they aren't a "distraction" while teaching and I can devote myself to my students...I already have 6 and I am really loving it!

Apparently I need to teach MY kids...should I tell them
they're playing a cookbook?We DID have some nice days and they were spent with friends at various parks, hiking and riding bikes. One day we had friends come to our house to play and the kids found that the hose and our garden spot make a GREAT mud hole...all I can say is that childhood should be fun, right? Sorry again for the mud Darcy :)
Was she eating it? Probably.
We also had some days that were so cold, all we could do was stay inside and relax. Regan LOVES her pajamas and LOVES movies/TV so she thoroughly enjoyed our "PJ Day".
Another exciting event is the selling of my car. If you want to hear a crazy story, call me and I'll tell you :) Now that SB is over, it is warming up and we have great "playing outside" weather. Poor Carli, stuck at school! The next question is...Is the cold weather going to come back!?



8 comments:

Jenna Moulton said...

Mindy! It is so good to hear from you! Your family is beautiful. Yes Brooke has a blog too. There is a link to it on my blog. She is the blog "4 boys and a girl". Now we can keep in touch.
Jenna Turley Moulton

christy said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun!! We are hoping this nice weather stays for a long while.

Jen said...

Looks like you had a fun SB. I love the "free" camper..she is a beaut! And I'm soooo glad you're teaching piano lessions because Lauren is LOVING it!

Angela said...

Gotta love the crazy Colorado climate! Very cute pictures. I want to hear the crazy car-selling story!

Darcy Case said...

Do not apologize for the mud, it was fun, I was more worried about your house! I love that they were playing a cookbook!!!

Crissybug said...

A camper for free! You lucky girl! Your girls are soooo cute. I love blogs...it is such a good way to keep in touch.

Sherri said...

Love the free camper, those are the best. Looks like you had fun. Maybe I could learn the piano if I played a cookbook. :)

Preston and Raelene Raban Family said...

Sounds like you guys had a blast! I am sorry I missed it!