Monday, November 15, 2010

Morning Surprise!






This post is going to be completely out of order. I've been trying to play catch up on the most recent events, but I HAVE to make this post today! We woke up to a happy surprise....SNOW!! Watching the girls this morning has been magical! I can feel their excitement and happiness! Mollie has been "wishing" for snow everyday for a week (I think she associates snow with Christmas) and this morning her wish came true :) In fact, the first words I heard this morning were from her. "Regan! It....is....SNOWING!" This was followed by the sounds of Carli running down the hallway to their room and Regan literally jumping off the top bunk to see! I couldn't help but think of the words to an old Karen Carpenter song (don't make fun of me!) that says "Oh, the first snowfall of the winter
What a joy for a boy (or girl!) to behold.
Under wintery skies of gray
it was snowing all the day,
and it showed no signs of stopping,
Every kid with eyes a-popping,
Will be soon be, belly-whopping
on his knees."
The first thing the girls did was get their snowgear on and go play! It was a great time to be the mom :) Yes, we had to get ready for school, but we didn't care! We caught snowflakes on our tongues, we had a snowball fight, we rolled in it, we made snow angels, we laughed and smiled; It really was magical!! We had 20 minutes until it was time to leave for school so we rushed in and got ready, drank some hot chocolate (with marshmallows of course!) and left early enough to walk in the falling snow. It was a great morning. I've thought about having the girls ride the bus next year instead of me taking them, but then I have days like this where we had time to enjoy BECAUSE they don't ride the bus. I love seeing them enjoying the small moments of life. Like our blog title says, "We remember moments." This was a great moment!!

1 comment:

Richards Family said...

I love the first snow too! Sean and I were out there building a snowman and then knocking him down. Hopefully I will get my pictures up today too!