Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Time, Teeth, and Tears


TIME: Time has flown by. I know every mother says that, but it's true. I can't believe Carli is big enough to be in 2nd grade. It seems like just yesterday she was a little 5 lb. newborn in my arms and now she is a beautiful, independent girl! I just don't have enough time with her each day! I hope she has a wonderful time in school this year.
TEETH: Carli is starting this year with 6 new teeth! 1st grade started without losing one and through the course of the year/summer has lost 6. Another example of how big she's getting! I wonder how many teeth she will lose this year?
TEARS: Carli is 7 and I should be used to this, but the morning started with the usual tears from Mom. Even as I write this there are tears! (the reason I am wearing my big sunglasses) I love to watch my girls grow, but at the same time, I try to enjoy every little moment...they are over too soon! I love my Carli....Happy 1st Day of School!!

6 comments:

Jen said...

I had tears as I read this also. They do grow too fast. I swear just yesterday Lauren was starting 2nd grade in Mrs. Eatwell's class, and today was her first day of FIFTH GRADE. aahhh!

Michelle said...

Yea for growing up!! (With a tiny bit of sad!) I am sure I will be calling you in a few years asking for advice on how to not fall apart when I send my little guy to school . . .

Jensen Memories said...

Mindy, Your girls are so cute and they are growing super fast. I remember what they looked like the first time I saw them a year ago. And yes they are growing.

Christi in AZ said...

I am right there with ya!! Lenard started JUNIOR HIGH!!! Why, why, why does time go so fast?! That picture of you and Carli is DARLING, you are both beautiful!

Angela said...

I still have a year until my initiation into the club of moms who cry on the first day of school. I've been dreading that day since she was about 2 years old and I realized that someday I wouldn't get to have her all to myself! :) You look cute in your big glasses, so no biggie, right? I'm sure Carli is loving school though! Did Regan get into a preschool?

Preston and Raelene Raban Family said...

Mindy...you have the cutest posts. Hope everything is going good for you guys! Miss you and your cute family. Tell Chad Hi from us!