Friday, June 5, 2009

Redneck Hillbillies

Chad told me I didn't get any comments on my last post because it was boring...so I thought I'd make this post a little more exciting. What better way than to post some gross pictures!! To finish up the month of May, we had our annual pig roast for our friends. If you don't know about it, you do now, and you are officially invited to next years! Every year we buy a pig from a local rancher, kill/skin it, put it on a spit, season it, and cook it for hours...it's delicious!! (I will give a little warning: Don't eat too much in one sitting because it is greasy and you will be on the toilet later!) Yes, we are rednecks. No, we don't care. Why? Because we have fun!! Hope you don't get sick looking at these pictures...it is NOT for those with a weak stomach! hehe

The boys took it to our friends property to "take care of business." Much better than last year!

I told you they were gross! Is it more exciting than the last post....I would say so!!

Washing it up so it can be seasoned. You KNOW our neighbors LOVE us!
Here she is...roasting to perfection!! Yummy!

They always eat so much while cutting it up that they aren't hungry by partytime! What is it with men and meat?!

Our friend is an optometrist so we made him join the "eyeball club." He did it, but I don't think his wife is going to kiss him for a LONG time!


Thanks to all of our great friends for a great party! We can't wait for next years!!

6 comments:

christy said...

It was a great party with great food and friends! Thanks for a great time...we look forward to next year!

Michelle said...

We had a great time at your party-- but I have to say, it is probably good for me that I didn't see the pig like this before I ate some (It was soooo yummy though so I would eat it again!)

Kathy&Mike said...

ooo, yucky!

Jen said...

So sorry we missed the party. So glad I wasn't there to be "tempted" to eat the eye ('cuz it looked so good) LOL Now every time I go for an eye Appt to Gary Q., I'm going to think.."Ooohh, you ate a pig eyeball).
So funny!

ps thanks sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much for all your help with Sunshine!!

The Gustin Family said...

Seriously your post was enough to turn me into a vegetarian! Not really I just don't enjoy eating meat that is still in its original shape or really greasy...so...that pig looked SICK! Remember the turkey incident a few years back??? Yeah - if anyone could make me want to turn vegetarian it would be Chad!

Chad, Mindy and girls said...

Coleen, you didn't have to bring back THAT memory! :) I still laugh so hard everytime I think of that poor turkey!!