Monday, January 19, 2009

Recent conversations

Life hasn't been too exciting since the holidays so I thought I'd post some random conversations that have happened recently. The first conversation involved Regan and her Barbies: The picture below is Regan's favorite Barbie doll. Her name is "Aunt Heather". My sister Heather should be complimented because she really IS beautiful! :) So, Regan was playing Barbies with her favorite doll and I was eavesdropping on her playtime (is that bad?) Her dolls were talking about "Aunt Heather's" new yellow car. She said, "You can do whatever you want in a yellow car...the police don't even run you over!" (FYI-Chad better trade in his truck for a yellow car because they "run him over" WAY too much!!)
The next conversation involves Carli and her new haircut. I cut her hair and the following day she got the stomach flu. She was in the bathroom (not pleasant) and she started crying. I rushed in to see if I could help and she was looking in the mirror. I asked her if she was alright and her response was,"My hair looks terrible!" What a girl...that should be the LEAST of her worries! :)


BEFORE:

AFTER: Last, but not least, is a conversation with Mollie. If you haven't figured it out, Mollie is a real character! We are always laughing at what she comes up with. This conversation was no different: She was laying with Layla (our 9 1/2 yr old lab), looking into her eyes and really talking to her. I said, "Mollie, what are you doing?" She said, "Mom, Layla can talk." "Really!?" was my response. "What does she say?" She looked at me very seriously and said, "She says: eerrrrr and ahrrr" (FYI-Layla does not bark, never has) "What does that mean?" I asked. "I don't know." Thanks for that insight Mollie... :

15 comments:

landersfamily said...

I love coming to your blog and reading about what your girls have to say.. They are a hoot! I need to come over and get you hooked up on Facebook.

The Gustin Family said...

Your girls are adorable! Those conversations really help you enjoy parenting these ages! :) How fun are they???

Richards Family said...

What great comments! I think that is one of the best parts about having kids - hearing all the funny things they say. And keeping record of them will be great fun to look back on as they get older.

Sam, Jill and Aubrey said...

I get such a laugh out of reading what the girls are saying! They are so cute and it makes me anxious to hear what Aubrey had to say! Even though I know I should savor these funnty momments of blabbing and nonsence chatter too :) Talk to you soon! Miss you guys again!!

James and Dixie Moore Family said...

Your girls look so cute...I miss you guys tons!

The Earls said...

Mindy, You have such gorgeous girls! Thanks for commenting on my blog, I didn't know you had one. It's fun to see how friends from the past are doing. Where are you living now?

Jen said...

Your girls are so funny. You're going to have so much fun in a few years sitting down and reading things like this with them. They will think it's histerical.

Michelle said...

Oh they are so cute! I love the things children say!

Amanda said...

Carli's hair looks great! I love to hear what your girls have to say, it can always put a smile on my face!

Angela said...

SO cute!! I love reading about all of the cute things your kids do and say! (Especially Molly with your dog! That is sooo funny!) By the way, I am officially going to be asking you to start cutting my kids' hair!! Carli's hair looks adorable!! You are a woman of many talents!

Preston and Raelene Raban Family said...

Your blog is so fun! I finally updated mine. I didn't know Molly went to the hospital with RSV?? Oh my gosh! Mindy I thought we were friends? Your kids say the funniest stuff! I can't believe how good of a job you did on Carli's hair.

Jerry Ferguson said...

I love your post! Kids are so funny
hey you need to hope on face book!

Jensen Memories said...

Hey Mindy its me. Just wanted to leave a comment so you could have our blog. Come and take a looksee.

The Earls said...

Do you love it in CO? We're in Michigan in a township called DeWitt. Of course you can add me to your list! I'll add you too. About my hair, I cut it first thing in college.

Unknown said...

...and I bet it smells like cotton candy.