Monday, December 15, 2008

Tis the season to be...

BUSY!! Maybe I'm the only one... is anyone else so busy they don't have time to breathe? I haven't posted in a while because I just haven't had time, so hang on because I'm going to do a "quick" update on our month (so far).

Our season started with a trip to Iowa for Thanksgiving with the Munch family (Chad's sister). Chad's niece asked him to baptize her and, of course, he said yes! We had a great trip and had a great Thanksgiving. On our way home, the roads were closed through the Rockies and we were able to stay with the Torbet family (Chad's other sister). The girls had so much fun with their cousins!
Upon returning, and after months of trying to pick a color, I FINALLY painted!! I'm sure my friends were sick of hearing me talk about it...and now that it's done, I love it! I wasn't sure at first, but I really think it makes this place so much more comfortable.
When the painting was finished, it was the dreaded day...my 30th birthday. I say this without excitement because it really was an awful day. First of all, I don't want to be 30!! Dumb, I know, but I really wasn't happy about it. AND Chad was gone all day officiating a HS wrestling tournament and I was stuck with 3 whiney girls. In his defense, we decided together this was a tournament that he should attend so it's not his fault, but it really was a bad birthday. Thanks to all those who called and sent me "goodies". Chad brought me home some presents and said we will celebrate better when things finally calm down. I hope so...getting old really stinks!

Before it was too late, we had to put up a Christmas tree! We usually cut our own, but again we were just so busy! We took the girls to the boy scout tree farm for FHE and enjoyed bringing it home and decorating! Our trees never look very good, but the girls LOVE having a real tree (Chad too!) Maybe one year we'll pick a "pretty" one!

It was also my week to teach Regan's Joy School friends. Now I'm not complaining about this, because it IS really fun...We were practicing our nativity production for our Christmas party and they are so cute!! We also had performances for Sunshine Generation in various locations. The girls did AWSUM!! They were just great! Carli did the hula hoop for the Chipmunks song and sang her solo beautifully, while Regan did all her actions and said her line with clarity...maybe she'll come out of her shyness someday ?!? The girls were also in the Fruita Parade of Lights. We had so much fun riding on the float (Mollie got to ride too!) and seeing all the floats!
Amid all of this, there was a trip to California, church parties, birthday parties, volunteering, speaking in church...the list is endless! Even with all this craziness, we are having fun! We are now getting ready for Santa and looking forward to being with friends and family for the holidays! Just Remember to SMILE: It SHOULD be the season to be "JOLLY"!


5 comments:

Richards Family said...

Mindy, the color looks great! Very homey and relaxing. Welcome to the 30s. I know you don't want to be there, but really the 30s are the new 20s and at least for me, and I think life starts in your 30s so live it up!

Angela said...

Wow that's quite the to-do list!! Happy Belated Birthday, I'm such a bad friend! I am dreading 30 also, but you look amazing so don't worry about it! Oh and love the new paint too!!

landersfamily said...

The colors you picked are amazing! So much warmer and cozy... I love it

Unknown said...

You know they say that painting is the cheapest thing you can do to make a big change in your room. As true as that is, who wants to do it over again if you don't like it?

Lucky for you, it looks great! No do-overs!

Jen said...

You're doing such a great job with your blog. Christmas eve was so much fun, it was good to be with you all. Hope you had a Merry CHristmas.

ps thanx for the sing-along. It was so fun!