Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Winter Swimming Lessons

My intense one...Carli is SO her father's daughter!

Unfortunately, Regan is not much of a swimmer...she is just like ME!

I seriously love this picture! Do those goggles even keep out the water?! Mollie is such a dork! I couldn't stop giggling when I looked at her :)







Wow, Regan looks JUST like I did when I was her age!


     The girls finished their winter swimming lessons on Saturday. We signed them up so they could develop better swimming skills and be more comfortable in the water. I worry the most about Mollie because not only is she really short so she can never touch the bottom of the pool, but she is fearless. Nothing scares this girl, including deep water. At Lake Powell we have a strict rule for all kids under 12: If you are awake, you are wearing a life jacket (even on the house boat). It just gives the adults peace of mind. I decided that I would feel even MORE peace of mind if I knew the girls were "good" swimmers too. Plus (don't laugh) but I am not a good swimmer. I took swim lessons myself last summer for the first time in my life! (It was on my "Bucket List") The instructor found me very entertaining :) but I made some serious improvements and would like to take another course once school is over. It's kind of embarrassing and I don't want my girls to have the same insecurities about their abilities in the water. Luckily, the girls did great!! Carli learned some difficult strokes (e.g. butterfly) and how to dive...well, sort of :) Regan and Mollie made some major improvements in their breathing and freestyle strokes, plus floating and swimming on their backs. Unfortunately, Regan got MY "lack of swimming" genes...she hates just putting her face in the water! I'm so glad we signed them up for lessons. This summer is going to be fun!

2 comments:

Jocie said...

You don't have to swim well to stay afloat and if you have a mean side stroke, you won't drown and you don't have to get your face wet. I LOVE swimming, but sometimes I just don't want to get my eyes wet.

Darcy Case said...

I love all the pics, the different personalities that you captured with each girl.