Friday, August 26, 2011

The Big Day

It finally came...Wednesday was our first day of school!! The girls were SO excited they could barely sleep (and Mom was so sad SHE could barely sleep!) They were all up and dressed super early which was great because we had plenty of time to get ready for the big day. Carli is starting 4th grade...where did the time go!? Carli didn't want us to walk her up to her classroom AT ALL (which makes me really sad!) She got out of the car, gave us a big hug and kiss, said goodbye, and walked to class alone! She's getting so big!! Regan is starting 1st grade! She was the MOST excited of all the girls because (this is the part that made me cry the most) she's now gone all day! She helped me pack her lunch, load her backpack, and couldn't wait to get to the school. Once we got to her class, she wanted me to go inside with her and wait for the bell to ring. She did NOT want to go to the playground :) Apparently it was a little too crazy! Mollie doesn't actually start Kindergarten until Monday, but we had her open house to meet her teacher so she got up and got ready with her sisters (she even wanted me to pack her a lunch, which she took in her backpack to open house!) I was happy to at least have her with me for the day. Yes, I cried this year just like I cry EVERY year when my girls go to school. I'm not ashamed. I'm getting better...this year I didn't cry until I got home and the tears were few in number. I hope I can hold it together next week when Mollie starts Kindergarten :) I know they are totally ready for school to start and will have a wonderful year, but I will miss having them ALL in school!! Its also a time for me to reflect on the previous year and hope that I did my best with them. Did I prepare them for what they will have to face this year? Did I spend enough quality time with them? Did we create enough happy memories? When I picked them up after school, they both said they had a GREAT first day! They were tired when bedtime came...it sure was a Big Day!!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Yay, I'm so glad they love school. I cried a little too this year. I loved having the kids home for summer! But, it's nice when they're excited to get back to school. BTW, you're kids look adorable! Love, Jen

ps Come hang out with me with all that free time you have :)

LUCKY7 said...

They are just so beautiful!!! I'm sure I will be a bawl baby when school comes around for us.:)
I love love love Carli's shirt! Owls are my fav.