Sunday, February 20, 2011

Traditions

We have had a tradition each year since moving to Colorado of coming down to AZ right after Christmas Day. This year was no different! Although we had to rush home and couldn't stay as long as we usually do, it was a great trip with all of our usual traditions!

We fit in a quick dip in the pool for the Polar Bear Club (although no adults did it this year) The girls had so much fun having a sleepover with their girl cousins at Gma's too!

We were able to go out as adults without any kids and this is going to be a new tradition every year....it was awesome!! Its amazing how relaxing it is without 20+ kids running around! :) We even got to talk to my little sister Lizzy on the phone. She told us she is getting married!! Yippee! Sure had a great time laughing with my family!
The older grandkids might be sick of it, but my girls still love to act out the Christmas Nativity with all the cousins! Mollie was Mary this year and Dakota volunteered to be Joseph because Mollie wanted him to :) So cute! Regan and Carli were angels with the other girls. I have great memories of doing this with my cousins at my Gma's house when I was their age so I love it as much as they do!





Grandpa Whiting has a tradition of paying each grandkid a dollar for every year of their age. They LOVE it!! Personally I think he's crazy, but he knows how much the grandkids look forward to it! That's a pretty little bundle by the time he's done with all 23 kids!





We got to have some fun times at the park with Sally's kids. It wasn't long, but the kids were able to eat lunch and play together. We sure love our cousins!


No comments: