Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I {heart} you...






We {heart} Valentines Day!! It's one of those holidays that don't have a lot of prep and I even love the decorations and hearts :) One thing I love about our girls is that they are happy with literally ANYTHING they get! It doesn't take much; a little bag of M&M's, markers, yarn, a cardboard box, craft sticks...they love anything simple! It makes them feel so special! That's why Valentine's Day is my favorite...its a day to make everyone feel special! This year we didn't spend much but it was one of the best!! We had a "heart" theme for the day which started with a pink heart pancake breakfast and sharing something they love and why (so cute and funny- Regan loves the chickens because they are good snugglers) The girls had parties in their school classes and got a bag full of goodies that got dumped out as soon as they walked through the door. (sidenote: It was so fun to watch them go through their valentines because it brings back memories of being in elementary school and checking to see what the candy hearts from the boys said) Chad made me a beautiful flower arrangement with my favorite- red roses. He is so romantic and talented. I made a candy bar arrangement for the family and each of us got to pick a candy bar after dinner. For dinner Chad and I made a "heart" dinner where everything was shaped like a heart: heart pizzas, salad with heart cheese cutouts, heart garlic bread, and strawberry ice cream with heart sprinkles. It was fun to be together with the people we love! Happy {heart} Day!!

No comments: