Thursday, April 16, 2009

What's up?

For those of you who have been wondering lately, "Where is Mindy?" "Why hasn't she made any comments on my blog?" "Why hasn't she done her hair this week?" "Does she always wear dirty clothes?" let me explain...I decided last week, spur of the moment, that I was going to paint my table and chairs. Why I chose the week of Easter (and many other activites) to do it, I don't know. I LOVE the finished product, but it was quite the undertaking. After days of sanding, hours of painting, days to dry and more hours of sealing, I am ready for this project to be done!! AND it's not! I still have to finish the leaf for the table and I'm searching for two more chairs to buy/sand/paint. My family is happy to have a table back after a week and I am happy it's almost done. Now it's time to start curtains! :)


9 comments:

Sam, Jill and Aubrey said...

Love the table!! It looks so awesome, all you hard worked payed off!!! Wish I could have been there to help you with all that work!

Angela said...

Looks great, Mindy! That was quite the undertaking. Projects always end up being much harder than you think they'll be. But it looks like it was worth it!

Jen said...

Mindy, that looks gorgeous. You're super talented.

christy said...

Awesome job Mindy!! It looks great. And just think...it cost a lot less and you got your black table and chairs! That's so exciting. Can't wait to see it!

Unknown said...

Cute table. Now you have to come up here and help me with mine. Ha. We sure miss you guys.

Michelle said...

WOW!! I have been thinking about doing this to mine . . . I just have to get the guts to start! It looks SO great!

Jim and Brooke said...

Beautiful job! I'm impressed.
I love when old things are made new again.
Yes, you can add me to your friends list. :)

Jensen Memories said...

They look super nice. Great work.

Sherri said...

The table looks awesome! You are so good!!