Sunday, July 31, 2011

My Mollie

What can I say about my Mollie? She is completely fearless, totally stubborn, and absolutely hilarious! My big girl turned 5 this last week! To celebrate her birthday, we had a special breakfast that she got to pick (hashbrowns and eggs), then we spent the afternoon at the lake with friends. It was a warm, cloudy day which made the swimming/playing even better...not too hot, not too cold.
To show off her little personality, when we first got there I told Mollie I wanted a birthday picture of her...this is what I got








After the lake, we took the girls out to dinner...Mollie's choice. She picked a local Mexican restaurant called El Tapatio. It is always fun to go out to dinner as a family, but this dinner was crazy! The girls were so wiggly and excited! To make it even better, Mollie was surprised with a sombrero on her head, singers (with maracas and drums), and dessert spooned into her mouth. It totally caught her off guard...Hilarious!!



When we got home from dinner, we had the Cases come over for her birthday treat (again, her choice). She wanted rice krispie treats with rainbow sprinkles and ice cream. Easy enough! Oh no, she also wanted it in the shape of a dolphin....what?! Luckily, I found a dolphin mold in the beach section of Target so it wasn't a problem. She opened presents, played with her friends, and went to bed with a big smile on her face!


My big 5 year old! She is so full of personality and makes each day a new adventure! We sure love this girl!! Happy Birthday Mollie Dru!!

3 comments:

The Gurrs said...

Wow your girls are growing up so fast!! (and beautiful too!) Looks like you are all doing great in CO.
Thanks for keeping us posted!

Kathy&Mike said...

I would pick rice crispy treats too. They are SO good!

Angela said...

I can't get over how beautiful your girls are! Just like their mama :) It's crazy that she's five already! Happy Birthday to your sweet Mollie!