Friday, May 21, 2010

Blood, Sweat, but no Tears

My upper lip/chin is so swollen, I look like a duck!
This is only half of the cut, but it hurt too much to pull it out anymore.
Some more lovely cuts and scrapes. I don't have a picture, but my legs look like I was attacked by a meat tenderizer!
Amy, Me, Mindy, and Kristy
Me and Melissa
Tough girls bike...Our new slogan. We had a girls mountain biking trip to Moab this last weekend. We rode the "Slickrock" trail (13 miles) on Friday and the "Whole Enchilada" trail (20+ miles), which is part of the Kokopelli trail, on Saturday. We had an absolute BLAST! We got a hotel, sat in the hot tub, went out to dinner, laughed, and played. Everyone had atleast one crash, and I almost made it through the weekend unscathed until the end of the last ride. A few miles before we were done, I had a good one. We were riding down a trail of rocks on Porcupine Rim and I hit a rock with my front tire just right. My handlebars jammed sideways, we were going downhill, which forced the back of my bike upward, making me fall. I threw my bike to the side and didn't have enough time to bring my arms back to save myself. End result, my face colliding with a rock. My tooth went through my bottom lip, my nose/lip are swollen, and there was blood running down my face. My claim to fame is that I didn't cry.
There was blood, there was plenty of sweat, but no tears.
Even with the crash, it was so much fun! I told my lovely neighbor Judy that I would do it again tomorrow and her response was: "Yeah, you're young...and stupid!" I guess I'm glad that I'm still young enough to do stupid things, cause it sure is a blast!!

4 comments:

Kathy&Mike said...

Wow! I'm impressed! You are a tough girl and your lips look like Angelina Jolie, lucky you!

Darcy Case said...

I am not surprised in the least that there were no tears with you Mindy. Actually if there were I would be very worried. Looks painful!

Jenn Toon said...

You crazy, crazy girl! But then you are the one who always did daredevil things growing up! I do remember someone who was willing to climb a lightpost in a rainstorm for a pizza - although how many years did it take for that to be delivered? HAHAHA!

markandkristen said...

I told you mt. biking was dangerous! Sounds like a really fun trip though. I miss all you girls. :)